Having too much stress for too long can be bad for your heart.
The inability to manage stress can create higher risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, chest pain or irregular heartbeats. It can also make you respond in unhealthy ways such as smoking, overeating and not exercising, making your health even worse.
Here are some tips to manage your stress, so you can rest your weary heart:
1. **Change what you can to lower your stress.**
Whether it’s a change of environment or of our perspective, this change can affect our stress levels in a more tangible way.
2. **Let go of things you cannot control.**
Worrying is one of the biggest source of stress. We need to learn to accept the situation and let things go.
3. **Stay connected to people you love.**
Talking to people who matter to us can be a source of rest. Reach out to people that you love and connect with them.
4. **Find ways to relax everyday.**
Read a book, listen to music, meditate, do yoga, or write in your journal. Reflecting on what is good in your life is a great way to relax yourself.
5. **Be active.**
Exercise can burn off the stress and help you better handle your problems.
If managing stress is a bit hard at the moment, take steps by taking a stress management class, reading a book on stress or signing up for a few sessions with a therapist. Don’t be afraid to learn new things and invest in a better life filled with health and happiness.
– Stress and Heart Health. (n.d.). Retrieved February 08, 2016, from http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/StressManagement/HowDoesStressAffectYou/Stress-and-Heart-Health_UCM_437370_Article.jsp
– Stress and Heart Disease: What’s the Link? (n.d.). Retrieved February 08, 2016, from http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/stress-heart-disease-risk
– Stress. (n.d.). Retrieved February 08, 2016, from http://www.world-heart-federation.org/cardiovascular-health/cardiovascular-disease-risk-factors/stress/
You are the healer of your Body.
We are here to facilitate your healing.
Related Health Stories
Treat dad to energy-giving meals this Father’s Day—planned and prepared by our care team! By starting a food plan, dad will get to enjoy healthier meal options, fresh produce, and well-balanced meal proportions. Breakfast Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie Hearty Banana-Nut...
People know that cigarette smoking increases the risk of lung cancer and respiratory problems, but fail to realize that it is also a major cause of cardiovascular disease, which includes coronary heart disease and stroke. Research shows that smoking increases one’s...
Our diets are causing more and more illnesses in today’s time. We’ve moved from plant-based diets to high-fat, animal-based diets, whilst becoming physically inactive. Our bodies are having a harder time processing the food we are eating, and are causing...
8th Floor, ACCRALAW Tower, 30th Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, 1634, Metro Manila